September 30, 2009

The Invisible Dog (見えない犬)




Last Sunday I saw invisible dogs! At first I thought it was a joke by the individuals. Later on I saw these invisible dogs everywhere around my neighborhood Brooklyn Heights and Dumbo, I knew it must be some sort of art project.

Yesterday I found out it was another mission of Improv Everywhere, they passed out over 2,000 invisible dog leashes and had everyone go for a nice Sunday walk in Brooklyn. It's said the invisible dog toy was invented in the 1970s in a Brooklyn factory. Don't know why I never seen it until now. If I had a dog, I would like to be able to see my dog. But it's a good thing to have a invisible dog on a rainy day like last Sunday, so then I don't have to clean it after the rainy walk!

Improv Everywhere is a group created in August of 2001 by Charlie Todd in New York City. Improv Everywhere causes scenes of chaos and joy in public places, and has executed over 85 missions involving thousands of undercover agents. The other two I remembered and liked are Frozen Grand Central and No Pants! Subway Rides. If you are interested, click the links to watch the videos yourself, it's really fun!

2 comments:

  1. I love your title- Little.Happy.Things. I also like the invisible dog! What a classic!
    I'm pleased to have found your blog! Visit me in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny. Thanks for visiting my blog too.

    ReplyDelete