September 22, 2009

Crayon Shin-chan (クレヨンしんちゃん)





The body of Yoshito Usui (臼井儀人), the author of the hugely popular manga and anime called Crayon Shin-chan (クレヨンしんちゃん), was found dead at the bottom of a cliff in Gunma Prefecture (群馬) on Saturday. According to news, the last image captured on his digital camera was the bottom of the cliff from the top. Authorities have determined the death was due to the injuries relating to the fall from the cliff in an accident.

I didn't want to post this news on my blog cause it's a sad news, it didn't fit my "Little Happy Things" spirit at all. But I love his Crayon Shin-chan (クレヨンしんちゃん) very much, it used to make me laugh so hard. Crayon Shin-chan (クレヨンしんちゃん) is an adorable little goofy 5-year-old boy whose dialogue and obsession with pretty girls are reminiscent of a dirty old man. It started as a manga(漫画) in 1990 and became an anime(アニメ) in 1992. Mr. Usui had still been creating new segments every month and his last 2 submissions will see his manga to end at November 09.

Crayon Shin-chan (クレヨンしんちゃん) was translated and dubbed in multiple languages around the world, it is a hit among all age groups. Even though I don't watch it on TV nor read comic books like I used to, I still watch it on You Tube from time to time, especially when I feel a little bit down and Shin-chan can always cheer me up. Shin-chan is definitely a Little Happy Thing!

Rest in peace, Mr. Usui.

No comments:

Post a Comment